Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Festival of Quilts this weekend

I am looking forward to seeing the SA Quilters' Guild exhibition (Festival of Quilts) this weekend. The awards are being announced at the monthly meeting tomorrow night. Apart from our group postcards, I haven't entered anything this year so I am thinking maybe it is time to start working on something for next year...

I have just managed to photograph my most recent jug and echidna acquisitions, so I can change the pictures at last. I bought several jugs back in August at the Strathalbyn Antiques and Collectibles Fair, and got just 1 on my trip. I saw a couple in restaurants we visited, but I didn't have any luck the time I tried to get/buy one. I need to get a new cupboard or shelving before I get many more... Echidnas must be out of fashion lately. I haven't seen any (that goes for real ones too!) for some time, but I have received a couple 2 as gifts.

Recently we took some time and visited Adelaide Zoo. That is a great place to spend a few hours. Of course the main attraction is still the pandas. We got there just as they were being encouraged out into their enclosures for a morning feed. Funi had a good romp around and, contrary to their lumbering appearance, easily climbed up a small tree. This is Funi


 

 and this is WangWang
 
 and here are some other birds, animals and plants that caught my eye

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The meerkats are always amusing, while the mountain goats (below) always look like statues.
 
 
 
 
The tigers were playing hard to see, but the 'king' gave us a big yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment