Friday, May 23, 2014

now that I am retired

Well there has been a recent major life change for me - I am 2 weeks retired! I imagined I would get to post something well before now but the best laid plans...  Woodworking to finish some shelving to reorganise my 'studio', a visit by Rachel last weekend and some necessary de-cluttering to fit in new tilting beds, along with some caring needs and a bit of gardening have kept me busy.

I have always been the helper and holder for Max on the woodworking projects prior to doing the painting. This time with him unable to do it, he gave instructions and I sanded, drilled and screwed the previously cut timber. The result wouldn't win any awards when examined closely, but looks quite good and gives me a bookshelf with a flat screen TV above my grandmother's treeadle machine, instead of a huge, old and cumbersome TV sitting on the machine.

The weather has been superb - mild with big blue skies and I've managed a walk on the beach




and a visit to the Adelaide Botanic Gardens

 An Eastern Rosella

 Clearly it's autumn

 Fascinating cacti

 The beautiful palm house, though it was late in the day so the shot is a little dull.

Meanwhile at home, I think the passionfruit vine is a little confused by the mild weather. There is one (the first) fruit ripening, but it currently has a mass of flowers on it -

They are fascinating, but the triple 'antlers' look a little strange as you turn and get a side on view.

Also got to the lovely Fleurieu Quilters meeting last week at Victor Harbor - now that I can get to attend the day time meetings.

One of my big plans is to up date all the pages on this blog sometime soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment