Sunday, January 31, 2016

a picture, a postcard and a print block

Hard to believe it is February today.
Over the last few weeks I have made a couple of things for some dear friends -
a card for a golden wedding anniversary with fussy cut 3D flowers

and a small picture using, some of my hand dyes.

Having made and used two blocks in my recent papyrus wall hanging without knowing too much about it I am currently learning  more about the process of linocutting and block printing. This is my just completed 'sampler' block, trying the different tools to make a variety of patterns.

 I can't wait to try printing it.

My quilting friendship group met at Normanville yesterday. It was a lovely day (for a change, after heat and fires and more recently rain and wind and storms) and some of us took time out to walk to the beach. It was picture perfect...

 The life savers above, and looking back up the coast below.

No comments:

Post a Comment