Saturday, July 7, 2018

a blue ribbon

Just a short post to say it was an exciting day yesterday, finding that I'd won a first place at the Quilter's Guild of South Australia Festival of Quuilts exhibition - for the quilt I spent many hours quilting but didn't show you. Looking very closely you might see there are some cicles / orbs in the quilting, as well as the many, many close rows.

Not the best picture. I forgot to take any before I entered it and took a couple hurriedly yesterday. (It doesn't seem to be hanging flat on the top rod - makes it a bit ripply). It is my own design pairing charm squares from bundles that I had collected, and cutting and interspersing them to get the graded colourings. It was in the Modern Section - something a bit different for me.

Not sure what comes next. I have a couple of bundles of fat quarters that have been on the shelf for a while now, so maybe I'll do something with some of them. And I have a couple of art quilt challenges to do.

The FOQ is a great exhibition (as usual) with a lot of variety and several special exhibitions. I',m sorry I won't get back to have another look, but I'm off to Tassie to deliver the bunting, and be even colder than I am here at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment