Monday, June 21, 2010

all good things come to an end...

The exhibition finished yesterday and some folk were asking when the next one will be! I've really appreciated all the positive comments but the most gratifying have come from non quilters who have admitted to 'a whole new appreciation' of patchwork and the use of fabric in art.

Mostly my pieces are made and entered in a quilt show as individual items and so only seen by a limited number of people. It has been good to see all the pieces together - despite the diversity (there is not enough time to make another /similar piece), I think they do show a growth and progression in techniques.

I didn't get much done on the crazy pieces at the gallery though I did make myself a new vest in the last few days. Now it is back to the works in progress and the long list of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment