Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Off to a new home

Just a short note here. I made a little trip to hospital the other day, but not for any medical problem. Rather my Off to see the wizard is off to a new home. I have given it to the Flinders Medical Centre so that it can (hopefully) cheer up lots of children in the activity room of the Paediatric Ward. Here is a picture with Debbie Palmer, Event Manager for the Flinders Medical Centre Foundation on the left.

It will be framed or put behind perspex - a bit of a challenge there - not so much to keep little fingers off to protect the quilt, but to prevent any chance of cross infection between the children. I am looking forward to going back to see it hung.

I am not sure how long it might be there, but I have just heard that one of my early art quilts, Looking On, from 1995, was on show in Tenterfield - possibly in the Tenterfield Saddler shop - a few weeks ago, and apparently looking great. It was acquired by the Stockman's Hall of Fame after I entered it in the Dame Mary Durack Outback Craft Awards in 1995, and last I had heard of it some years back was that it was in Longreach. It is nice to know that it is still around and looking good. Sometimes when I think about that one there are a few techniques I now know that would have made it easier to do - but it worked, so that is all that matters I guess.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful thing to do Raelene.......good on you! Hope to see you at Guild next week X

    ReplyDelete