Tuesday, November 12, 2013

a great exhibition

Well the SA Festival of Quilts is over for another year. The committee are probably saying 'thank goodness' but what a great job they did! And what an amazing display - lots of  variety and lots of inspiration. We have some very, very talented members and the judges job could not have been easy.
Congratulations Michele Hill - another Best of Show, and well deserved.
This 'Anyone for ludo? It is my completed drunkard's path workshop quilt. Have to say not my most favourite, but it came up quite well. The colour is not too true - the lattice is a deep purple
This is 'The birthday girl'. I have always loved the pictures of Alphonse Mucha and set out to do something in that style - it changed a bit as it went along! A lot of hand and machine applique, and a lot of hours. It has hand made roses and beading too.I incorporated a face I did in a Bonnie McCaffery workshop some time back which has been staring at me from the wall for a year or so.
Just realised I should have included some close ups.
At the moment I am project free, but I don't think that will last long. I am contemplating doing something for our guild 70s xhallenge for the December meeting. I have a piece of tie-dye left from the kaftans and pantsuit I made back then...

No comments:

Post a Comment