Sunday, November 3, 2013

lots of limes to come

No stitching to report at the moment. I can put up pictures of the last couple of projects when our exhibition starts in a few days. I haven't added anything to my reading list for a while - and I have still been managing to read a bit. Belonging to a book group means at least one a month, but it is often more like one a week. So while I add a couple of books to the list, I couldn't resist a couple of photos...

In the garden

 The current crop of limes was good, but if they don't all fall off, the next crop will be huge!
Probably too small to see, but the tiny spider sailed pat me on his web on the wind and landed on this Japanese bamboo leaf
So delicate blossom on the boysenberry. There aren't many yet - it is not looking as fruitful as the lime
A fun 'visitor' I received for my birthday a while back.
 A vibrant and beautifully formed calendula
We went to the Aviation Museum at Port Adelaide some days back. That was very interesting. It is well worth a visit. I didn't take photos there, but I did as we passed the SA Maritime Museum


 This fine mosaic bench has a map of the early Port Adelaide settlement
and while we were watching some very busy and determined bees enter a hole in the kerb I turned and saw this on a nearby post. By the weathering it has been up a while. Coincidence, or had someone else seen bees there?

And some street gums - beautiful patterns and textures on the trunk,  
 and interesting patterns of light and shade on the wall.
So to the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment